- Consultant of Retinal Surgery and Laser
- Suture-less cataract extraction (Phaco)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Intra Vitreal Injections and Lasers
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
Type of Consultation
- All ages
Dr. Samer Bashir is a highly trained Consultant Ophthalmologist and Retinal Specialist under the Department of Ophthalmology. He has many years of experience in Ophthalmology and specializes in retinal surgery and treatment.
He started retina practice in Bahrain since 2005 as a retina specialist in Dr. Haifa Eye Center for four years where he introduced the IntraVitreal injections technique to the kingdom.
He then joined Bahrain Defence Force Hospital (BDFH) to establish the retinal surgery branch in its Eye & laser department. He handled the retina clinic for three years during which many complicated as well as routine retina surgeries were cured. It’s worth mentioning that referral of retina cases to outside centers from BDFH stopped during his presence.
- Fellowship of Royal Colleges of Surgeons (FRCS) of Glasgow in Ophthalmology
Professional Society Memberships
- Member, European VitreoRetinal Society (EVRS)
- Arabic and English