GULF DIABETES SPECIALIST CENTER is located in Manama, next to the Salmaniya Medical Complex and Arabian Gulf University. Always set up an appointment prior to your visit. Approach the Patient Service Desk for registration when you arrive at the center. Submit your CPR card or other identification and Insurance card (if applicable). Kindly report to the patient service desk 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Please inform us in advance if you need to cancel an appointment. Ample parking and free Internet access is available for our visitors.
Fax (+973) 1723 9188
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
· Receiving high quality, safe and ethical care with pain assessment and management.
· Maintaining your dignity regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or age.
· Knowing the name and professional grade of the treating physician and how to contact him/her.
· Getting complete information about the illness and treatment.
· Learning about the medication, side effects and diet.
· Ensuring privacy and confidentiality during examination or treatment.
· Ensuring the confidentiality of medical record and the right of approving or refusing to release it. (the approval is mandatory to receive treatment under insurance companies)
· Receiving counselling regarding the estimated or absolute cost of treatment and the relevant details.
· Second opinion about the diagnosis orand treatment plan.
· Refuse a recommended treatment to the extent permitted by law and being informed about the medical consequences of the refusal.
· When transfer to another facility is required, should be provided with complete explanation and alternatives.
· Being informed and asked about participating in medical researches when available.
· Ability of lodging a complaint without affecting negatively the quality of care provided.
· Protection from verbal abuse by any employee.
· Getting complete medical report and accurate check-ups results
· Providing complete and accurate information including full name, address, telephone number(s), date of birth, insurance details whenever required.
· Providing accurate and complete information concerning present complaints, past medical history, medication and other matters related to your health.
· Following the treatment plan advised by the physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals.
· Understanding the course of the medical treatment and seeks clarifications if required.
· Treating staff and patients with dignity and respect and not conducting any activity that will disrupt the workflow.
· Respecting the privacy of others.
· Not bringing alcohol, unauthorized drugs, weapons or pets.
· Complying with No-smoking regulation.
· Taking full responsibility of your belongings.
· Taking responsibility of refusing treatment or advice