Department of Podiatry and Foot Health
Welcome to the Department of Podiatry and Foot Health.
- General and Diabetic Foot Surgeon
- Podiatry and Foot Health
Dr. Yousry Al-Sayed Abd Al-Aziz’s specialist interests include preventive measures to avoid foot complications and to screen high risk feet, surgical treatment of neuropathic foot ulcers which is the precursor of limb amputation, surgical treatment of skin complications, surgical treatment of foot gangrene aiming at avoiding major amputation and to reduce tissue loss, management of Charcot foot, surgical treatment of bed sores, and surgical treatment of complicated wounds.
Type of Consultation
- Adults Only
Dr. Yousry Abd Al-Aziz has joined the Gulf Diabetes Specialist Centre as a general and diabetic foot surgeon in May 2014.He started his first diabetic foot clinic at Al-Yusuf Hospital, Al- Khobar, Saudi Arabia. He worked for the past four years at Noor Specialist Hospital in Bahrain and with more than 25 years of experience in his field.
Dr. Yousry Graduated from the leading medicine school in Egypt, ‘Kasr Al-Aini’ Faculty of Medicine Cairo University in 1981. He continued seeking his specialization and master’s degree in General Surgery from the same University and successfully earned it in 1986. He then decided to join ‘Freie university Hospital’ in Berlin in 1999 as a visiting surgeon to gain more experience, he completed laparoscopic surgery training program in New Delhi, India in 2002.
In 2007 Dr. Yousry joined Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University, Chicago, USA; where he obtained his international fellowship.
Dr. Yousry started his career by practicing medicine for 12 years in ‘Helwan University Hospital’ in Cairo, Egypt. In 1994 he joined ‘Al-Yousif Hospital’, Al-Khobar, KSA where he treated diabetic foot patients with the policy ‘we fight for every limb’. His policy along with his excellence and dedication to every patient, allowed him to obtain astonishing healing results and build a reputation across the gulf region as a leading Diabetic foot surgeon.
Dr.Yousry started the first private clinic in Bahrain aiming and dedicated only for treating diabetic foot complications and wound management in August 2010. His clinic aimed to reduce tissue and limb loss in Bahrain and Gulf region. Furthermore he wanted to change the prognostic concept for diabetic foot patients to a better optimistic future look where we all know that we should do our best to avoid amputation.
- Dr. Yousry Graduated from the leading medicine school in Egypt, ‘Kasr Al-Aini’ Faculty of Medicine Cairo University in 1981 and master degree in 1986.
- Gastro-Intesinal Endoscopy Program, Kasr Al-Aini University Hospital (1989-1990)
- Laparoscopic Surgery Training Program, New Delhi, India (2002)
- Muneera General Hospital (1984-1985)
- Cairo University Hospital (1985-1986)
- Hilwan University Hospital (1987)
- Visiting Surgeon, Freie University Hospital, Berlin, Germany (1999)
- Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University, Chicago, USA
- MBBCh , MSc General Surgery
- Diabetic Foot Infections, Time to Change the Prognostic Concept, Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, September/October 2009 • Vol 99 • No 5.
- Simple Inexpensive Technique for Delayed Closure of Diabetic Foot Wound, accepted and presented at the Multidisciplinary International Limb and Amputation Prevention Conference (MILAN) 22nd-23rd Feb. 2013.
Professional Society Memberships
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate
- English and Arabic
At the Gulf Diabetes Specialist Center (GDSC) we aim to reduce the complications associated with diabetes and focus on preventing foot and lower limb amputations in patients with complex medical conditions.
GDSC’s Department of Podiatry and Foot Health provides comprehensive evaluation, treatment and rehabilitative foot care for adults specializing in acute and chronic diabetic foot complications.
Foot problems are one of the three main areas in the body where complications occur if diabetes is not well controlled (the other two are the eyes and the kidneys). Foot problems are due to the nerve damage with loss of sensation, vascular damage with decreased blood supply or infection or altogether.
Some of the more common foot problems involve corns and calluses, thickened nails, ingrown toe nails, bunions or warts. More complex problems may involve diabetic ulcers or infections and other foot conditions, which require major surgical procedures.
We offer full-service foot care for a range of outpatient podiatric treatments for foot problems including:
- Preventive measures to avoid foot complications through periodic check -up of corns, calluses, nails, follow up care of ulceration and to screen high risk feet
- Surgical treatment of neuropathic foot ulcers which is the precursor of limb amputation
- Surgical treatment of skin complications
- Surgical treatment of severe foot infection and gangrene aiming at avoiding major amputation and to minimize tissue loss
- Management of Charcot foot
- Surgical treatment of bed sores
- Surgical treatment of complicated wounds
If you have diabetes and have regular checkups with your doctor and your ophthalmologist, are you seeing a podiatrist about your feet?
If not, you should see your podiatric physician at the first sign of pain or other problems with your legs, ankles, feet or toes, no matter how minor you may think they are as these minor problems if left untreated can progress to a stage that amputation becomes inevitable.
Located on the ground floor, the Podiatry department provides services on the following days:
Saturday-Sunday-Tuesday-Wednesday: 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Monday & Thursday: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
You may contact the department on (+973) 1723 9239 or (+973) 1723 9206 from 8am to 9pm on Saturday to Thursday to make an appointment or simply click the Appointment Request Button above and fill in your details and we’ll contact you to confirm your appointment.