Welcome to the Nutrition Clinic
We offer comprehensive nutritional counselling and guidance, using the most up to date research on nutrition and health. Our Dietitian works closely with primary care providers to assist patients, either individually or in groups, to gain control over and manage their weight and medical conditions, through diet, exercise and other lifestyle modifications.
Our compassionate team of registered nurses and a Dietitian have extensive education, training and experience abroad in adult and pediatric nutrition and can help you create your nutritional goals through individualized nutrition plans based on your specific needs and food preferences.
The nutrition clinic services include:
- Initial nutritional screening and assessment
- Individualized nutritional planning for weight management or specialized nutritional needs.
- Nutrition, exercise and lifestyle coaching and counselling of patients and their families.
- Follow-up and monitoring of nutritional status, providing ongoing support and advice.
Assessment and management/treatment of:
- Overweight and obesity
- Micronutrient deficiencies
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 – newly- diagnosed or poorly controlled
- Gestational diabetes
- High cholesterol and/or high triglycerides
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Kidney diseases
- Osteoporosis or arthritis
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Weight management during pregnancy
- Infant and young child feeding practices
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel diseases and other digestive problems,
Other than medical conditions, the nutrition clinic offers its services that are tailored for:
- Anyone who wants to lose weight but doesn’t know where to start
- Anyone looking to change their diet to a healthier one.
- Parents who needs healthy lunch ideas for her/his kids?
- Anyone looking to incorporate healthier foods in a delicious way?
- Pregnant women who want a healthy pregnancy
- Mothers who need advice on optimal infant and young child feeding practices
People of all ages will benefit from the nutrition clinic at the Gulf Diabetes Specialist Center.